Changes to international cheques
From 1 December 2020, we’ll no longer accept the depositing of international cheques into Macquarie bank accounts. As part of this change, we won’t accept your client’s cheques which are deposited or presented overseas.
What you need to know
We’re committed to improving your client’s banking experience and to ensure they can still receive international payments; we recommend your clients send and receive funds from overseas via international money transfer or ‘wire’ transfer.
To send funds overseas, your clients will need to include their BSB and Account Number along with:
- our SWIFT code – MACQAU2S
- bank name – MACQUARIE BANK LIMITED.
- bank address – 1 Shelley Street, Sydney 2000.
What does this change mean?
By introducing these changes and utilising our digital payment services, we aim to:
- minimise the risk of cheques going missing
- improve the time it takes for funds to be remitted and received
- give you and your clients the ability to track and monitor their payments.
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Centre article ‘How do I make international transfers?’