You may have heard of our Macquarie Cash Management Accelerator Account (Accelerator account).
It’s a high-interest savings account, with a rate of 0.90% pa1 on the total balance. The Accelerator account is linked to a client’s Macquarie CMA and funds can be accessed in real-time on business days*.
You now have the option to open an Accelerator account when opening your clients’ Wrap Investment account**. By doing this they can access a higher cash interest rate than that currently available through their Wrap cash account.
*Real-time processing may be delayed between 1am-2am AEST on a Business Day.
**Excluding Investment Accumulator.
What you need to know
- The Accelerator account will be a separate product to the IDPS cash account but is associated for ease of transferring funds in real-time between the accounts.
- To ease the account opening process, we’ve embedded a question in the Wrap Investment account application for new clients and have designed a short form application for existing clients, both available through Adviser Online.
- The Accelerator account isn’t integrated into online reporting for Wrap. This means any funds held in the Accelerator account won’t be visible when you generate portfolio valuation reports or performance reporting.
- You can generate a separate report showing the Accelerator account’s transactions and balance via Adviser Online. To do this go to Clients > search Account > select the account aligned to the CHI – Cash Management Accelerator Account product.
- Your clients can also view their Accelerator account balance online at any time by logging into their account at online.macquarie.com.au or via our mobile banking app.
How to open an Accelerator account for new Wrap Investment accounts:
- When completing the online application to open a Wrap Investment account, you will have the option to open an Accelerator account at the same time.
- New IDPS account holders will receive an approval email to accept the product’s terms and conditions for both the IDPS and Accelerator accounts.
- Simply answer ‘Yes’ to the option ‘Do you want to open a CMA Accelerator?’ when completing the online application if you want to open an Accelerator account. This will then be associated to the Wrap Investment account’s cash account.
How to open an Accelerator account for existing Wrap Investment accounts:
- You can easily open a new Accelerator account for existing Wrap Investment clients via Adviser Online. Just go to Accounts and search for your client’s Wrap account, select the account and click the button ‘Open an Accelerator account’. This button can be found on the top right of the screen, next to the Make a Payment option.
- Complete the online application form and once submitted, your client/s will receive an email to accept the Accelerator account product terms and conditions.
Please ensure your client’s email address is up to date before starting the online application process. Your clients can update their contact details at any time by logging into their account at online.macquarie.com.au
- Only one Accelerator account can be opened and linked to each investment Wrap account.
- This is an online account and only online applications are available.
- Wrap Investment accounts opened prior to 12 December 2007 do not automatically satisfy current Anti-Money Laundering (AML) requirements. Additional questions must be completed in the application process before we can open an Accelerator account
- If your client has an entity account (e.g. non-regulated trust or company account) which was opened prior to 1 January 2016, we are required to collect beneficial owners’ details of that entity following changes to the AML legislation that came into effect 1 January 2016. The online application will ask you to provide this information for the relevant accounts.
- Ongoing Advice fees cannot be charged on the cash held in an Accelerator account.
- ny percentage-based fees on the IDPS won’t include the Accelerator account balance and Wrap administration fees don’t apply to the Accelerator account balances.
Learn more about the Accelerator account
If you have any questions, please visit Adviser Help Centre and search ‘Accelerator’.
1Interest rates effective from 31 July 2020 and are subject to change without notice.