Actual credit limit granted will be determined by Card Services based on its assessment of your financial circumstances.
Card Services is a division of Macquarie Bank Limited (ABN 46 008 583 542, Australian Credit Licence 237502) ("Macquarie") is the issuer of your credit card account.
"Macquarie Parties" means Macquarie and each of Macquarie's agents, introducers, dealers, brokers, service providers (as described below), and any other financier who at any time provides or has any interest in the credit (including other entities involved in any securitisation of the credit provided to you).
"Jetstar" means Jetstar Airways Pty Limited ABN 33 069 720 243.
By ticking below, you agree that Macquarie Parties can where permitted by law exchange your personal information with each other and do any of the following at any time (now or in the future, within or outside of Australia):
1. Consumer and commercial credit information. Seek and use information about you (including from credit reporting bodies ("CRBs")) to: assess an application by you for consumer credit or commercial credit; assessing hardship applications; manage your credit card account and related funding arrangements; review your credit on a periodic basis or in connection with changes (e.g. credit limit) as though assessing a new application; collect overdue payments; and create assessments and ratings of your credit worthiness. This includes the types of information referred to under point 2 below.
2. Exchange information with CRBs for the purposes described above and to allow the CRB to maintain information about your credit worthiness (before, during or after the provision of credit to you). The information may include: permitted identification information; the fact that credit has been applied for and the amount and type of credit; the fact that Macquarie is a current credit provider; credit limit; account start/end dates; repayment history; "default information" (in addition to and without limiting repayment history information), i.e. payments overdue for more than 60 days in specified circumstances; in relation to those overdue payments, advice about new payment arrangements or that those payments are no longer overdue; in specified circumstances that in the opinion of Macquarie there has been a serious credit infringement (e.g. fraud); and other credit-related personal information that is described in Macquarie's Credit Information Policy or can otherwise be disclosed under the Privacy Act (collectively, "credit-related information").
3. Exchange of information with other credit providers, including personal information and credit-related information. The information may be exchanged for any of the following purposes: to assess an application by you for credit or to be a guarantor; to determine or confirm the status of your credit including any defaults; to assess hardship applications; to assess your credit worthiness at any time during or after the life of a credit arrangement; to give or obtain an opinion on you about your credit worthiness; and any other purpose permitted by law.
4. Exchange of information with other parties, including personal information and credit-related information. Those parties may include your guarantors, brokers, originators, financial consultants, accountants, lawyers or other advisers and any credit enhancer, funder, ratings agency or other party acting in connection with funding credit by means of an arrangement involving securitisation.
5. Information collected pursuant to legal requirements. Macquarie is subject to the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006, rules and other subordinate instruments (AML/CTF Laws). In making an application for credit you consent to Macquarie collecting and disclosing in connection with AML/CTF Laws any of your personal information they may have. Macquarie may also be required or authorised to collect your personal information under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act and other laws.
Macquarie Parties and Jetstar may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information about you to process your application, administer and manage the products and services sought by and provided to you, monitor, audit and evaluate those products and services, model and test data, communicate with you, improve and develop products and services, conduct credit scoring, securitisation, research, risk management and portfolio analysis, provide and administer any related rewards program and deal with any complaints or enquiries.
Macquarie Parties collect personal information through interactions with you and your nominated adviser(s) or broker (including telephone, email or online), as well as from other Macquarie Parties, Jetstar, public sources and third parties including information brokers and service providers. Telephone calls may be recorded for training and verification purposes. Without this information, Macquarie Parties may not be able to process your application or provide you with an appropriate level of service and in some cases you may not be able to access your credit card account.
In some cases, sensitive information may be collected for specific purposes (for example, information regarding your health to enable the assessment of a hardship relief application) and you agree that Macquarie may collect such information for the purpose of assessing or processing such applications and may seek such information from your health providers.
Where you provide Macquarie Parties with personal information about someone else you must first ensure that you have obtained their consent to provide their personal information based on this Privacy Consent (and, where that person is an additional cardholder, the information will be used in connection with the additional card).
Macquarie, Jetstar and its related companies may use your personal information to contact you on an ongoing basis by telephone, electronic messages (like email), online and other means to offer you products or services that may be of interest to you, including offers of banking, financial, advisory, investment, insurance and funds management services, unless you change your marketing preferences by telephoning us as set out below or visiting www.macquarie.com.au/optout-bfs.
If you have consented to receive statements, notices and other information relating to your account on the front of this application form, the following terms apply to you: