Whenever it is reasonable and practical to do so, we collect information about you directly from you. In some cases, we collect personal information from third parties including public sources, our related companies, referrers, brokers, agents, your adviser(s) and our service providers including credit reporting bodies and information service providers.
We collect personal information about you which is reasonably necessary to:
- provide you with quality products or services
- consider applications and approaches you make to us
- maintain your contact details
- fulfil our legal obligations under applicable laws and rules, such as those relating to taxation and Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing.
We generally hold personal information relating to:
- the products and services we provide or have provided to you
- your financial interests and sometimes your financial position, if you are a customer or potential customer of ours
- your name, contact details and identification information (including government-issued tax numbers)
- records of our interactions with you, including by telephone, email and online
- your enquiries or complaints.
We do not generally collect sensitive information about you unless required by applicable laws or rules. Sensitive information includes information relating to:
- political or religious beliefs
- sexual preferences
- criminal convictions
- membership of professional or trade associations or unions
- health information.
We collect health information where we offer products with an insurance component to our customers or in assessing certain claims including hardship. We do not use or share that information for any purpose other than the underwriting or administration of a customer's policy, claim or account, or as otherwise disclosed to the customer when the information was collected.
We may collect information about your affiliation with certain organisations such as professional associations.
We also have a Credit Information Policy which sets out details of our handling of personal information obtained from credit reporting bodies. This applies primarily in connection with our credit products such as credit cards and loans.