You can trade with Macquarie Online Trading: Single Order by visiting trading.macquarie.com.au and logging in with your Macquarie ID and Password.
To buy or sell, click on the buy/sell icon on the left-hand menu. This will bring up the order pad where you can buy and sell shares and managed funds. Complete the order pad with:
- Order Type: Single
- Client: The account you’d like to trade on
- Select Buy or Sell
- Type the 3-digit ASX Code that you’d like to buy or sell and select the ASX code from the drop down. You also have the option to view market depth by clicking on the Market Depth hyperlink
- Select the Quantity or Value*
- Select the Price options of either Limit** or Market to Limit***
- Once you’ve completed the order form and ensured it’s correct, click Next
- Review the order and input your 4-digit PIN to place the trade. If you don’t know your trading PIN, please call 1800 098 648.
*Minimum Order: If you do not have an existing shareholding in the security, the minimum marketable parcel you need to buy is $500 worth of shares, excluding brokerage. You can then subsequently increase your holding by purchasing less than $500 worth of shares.
**Limit: A limit order is where a maximum price is set in a buy order or a minimum price is set on a sell order. If a buy limit price is placed higher than the current best sell price, the order will execute at the best sell price currently in the market. If a sell limit price is placed lower than the best buy price, the order will execute at the best buy price currently in the market. Please note that if the market doesn’t reach the set limit price, the order won’t trade. Limit orders can be placed at any time but can only be executed when the market is open.
***Market to Limit: A Market to Limit order is placed at the best opposing offer when buying shares, or the best opposing bid when selling shares. If there are insufficient shares in the market to complete your order, the trading balance of your order will remain on the market at the best opposing bid/ask price until more buyers or sellers come in at that price.