To transfer shares to your MOT account, the account holder needs to complete the relevant form below. If we don’t already have ID on file, please provide a copy when submitting the request to help speed up the process.
The Broker PID for your MOT account is 2552.
- When applying for an MOT account, on the Macquarie Online Trading Account details page, select Yes – I have my Holder Identification Number (HIN)
- Once your application is submitted, you’ll receive an email with a link to a prefilled HIN Transfer form
- Return the signed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- When opening the account, we will transfer your existing HIN and associated holdings.
How long does it take to transfer assets?
This will depend on how you complete the transfer.
The following timings assume all requirements have been met:
- Issuer Sponsored Conversion – 3 business days
- Off Market Transfer – 3 business days
- HIN Transfer – 3 business days once your MOT account is opened. You won’t be able to trade until the HIN has been transferred to your MOT account
- Broker to Broker Transfer – 3 business days
You can find the relevant forms to transfer assets here which will also include any required supporting documents.
Update the cost base for your assets
When bringing holdings to your Macquarie Online Trading accounts, any cost base data from your previous broker or registry will not be brought across with your holdings.
To update the cost base value:
- Log into trading.macquarie.com.au with your Macquarie ID and password
- Hover on Accounts and click Portfolio Manager on the top menu
- Click the + relating to the investment you would like to update the cost base value
- You can enter either the total cost value or the average price
- Click Update.
Change the trustee(s)
If you’ve changed the trustee(s), you’ll need to open a new Macquarie Online Trading account in the new name.
If you’d like to move your holdings from the old Macquarie Online Trading account to the new one, request a new HIN on the new application and complete a Holding Transfer by submitting the Holdings Transfer - Change of Trustee form with the application.
A few things to remember:
- There is no fee for the transfer if there is no change in beneficial owner(s).
- You can update the trustee(s) on your Macquarie Cash Management Account and link the new Macquarie Online Trading account by nominating the existing Macquarie Cash Management Account in the new application.
Change CHESS registration address
To update the CHESS registration address for your MOT account, the account holder needs to complete the Change of Registration Address form and return to email@example.com
Please note, you can’t update to an overseas address. If you need to update your CHESS Registration Address to an overseas address, you’ll need to close the Macquarie Online Trading account.