If you no longer want to use Macquarie Authenticator on your device, you need to remove your Macquarie ID from the Authenticator app to keep your account secure. To do that:
- Login to the Macquarie Authenticator app
- Select the Menu option at the bottom right of the screen
- Select the three-dot icon on the Macquarie ID tile
- Select Deregister Macquarie ID
- Your account will be deleted.
This will stop notifications from being sent to this device. You will also no longer be able to verify actions from this device.
Upgraded, lost or stolen devices
For your security, we register all your devices that have installed the Macquarie Authenticator app. You may wish to deactivate a device when you upgrade your mobile device or if you’ve lost your device or had it stolen.
To deactivate Macquarie Authenticator in Macquarie Online Banking:
- Hover over the Settings icon on the side menu then click on Security Settings
- Scroll down to Connected Devices
- Click Manage
- Find the device you wish to deactivate Macquarie Authenticator from and click Deactivate app
- We’ll send an actionable push notification to your registered device to verify yourself
- Select Approve.
If your Macquarie Authenticator app is completely unavailable (lost your phone?), for security reasons, give us a call on 133 174 (+61 2 8245 4470), 24/7.