- Log in to Macquarie Online
- Hover over your Transaction or Savings account in the account list
- Select I want to
- Click Close account
- If you have accrued any interest or still have a positive balance in your account and this is your last Macquarie bank account, you’ll need to choose an external bank account to transfer this balance to.
- When you’re ready to close your account, click the blue Close account button on the bottom of the screen
- You will receive a notification to your bell icon when your account is closed
- You will receive an email with your closing statement attached within 24 hours of account closure.
Why can’t I close my transaction or savings account?
You might be unable to close your account if:
- You have a negative account balance. In order to close your account, you’ll need to transfer enough funds into your Macquarie Transaction or Savings Account to bring the balance to $0
- Your home loan (BSB starting with 182-182) is direct debiting fees and charges from your Macquarie Transaction Account. In order to close your account, you’ll need to edit your direct debit so that it debits from a different account.
It’s been 24 hours and I haven’t received a notification telling me my account has been closed
- It might take a little longer to close your account if you have uncleared funds in your account because we need to wait for these funds to clear before closing. You will know when your account is closed because you will receive an email with your closing statement up to 72 hours after closing your account online.