The statement by a referee must contain:
- The referee’s knowledge of your full name(s)
- The referee’s knowledge of your birth date
- The referee’s knowledge of your residential address
- The capacity of the referee's relationship to you and/or how long they've known you (must be greater than 2 years)
- Office stamp/certification type stamp identifying the referee’s name, capacity in which to sign and date of certification.
Persons who may qualify as a referee include:
- A chairperson, secretary or chief executive officer of an Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander organisation, or a board
- A school principal or school counsellor
- A minister of religion
- A health professional or manager in Aboriginal/Torres Strait Island medical services
- A police officer
- A community leader or recognised Elder (who is not a parent, sibling or child of the customer)
- Your current employer or manager.
Documents can be uploaded electronically during application or alternatively can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Documents must have been certified within the last 12 months, at the time of acceptance by all.