Photo ID requirements
Please note that we can only accept government issued photo identification documents (eg passport, driver's licence, proof of age card).
The ID must be valid and not expired unless your document is an Australian Passport that hasn't been expired for two years or more.
Certifying your ID
When getting your photo ID certified, each page of the copy must be signed by the certifier who must include the mandatory certification elements:
- Certifier’s full name
- Certifier’s qualification/capacity to certify documents, including their years of service where relevant.
- Certifier’s signature (digital signature is not permitted)
- Date; and
- Certification statement – To the effect of “I certify this is a true copy of the original document which I have sighted.” (written or stamped)
- The certifier must sight the original document in person (not over video conference)
- The ID document must not be expired (unless it’s a passport in which case the expiration date must not be older than two years)
- The copy of the document must be fresh (meaning it must not be certified on the same copy as a previously certified document)
Identification documents must have been certified within the last 12 months, at the time of acceptance by us.
Wet ink signatures
Also referred to as traditional and sometimes original signature. This signature is pen on paper. The signature has been placed onto the document by hand and has not been embedded by digital means.
Who can certify your ID
A number of people can help you certify your photo ID. A full list of who can certify your documents is available in the Macquarie client identity verification FAQs.
If you have any other questions about this process, please contact us
Where to send information
Please send your responses, quoting the reference number, and any other additional documents depending on the product you have to:
We need to receive your answers to your entity specific questions within seven days.
If you’d like to discuss this further, please call us on the contact number above, 9am to 5pm (Sydney time) Monday to Friday.