There are two types of pending transactions for your accounts:
- Transactions requiring authorisation by another person on your account
- Payments or transfers that have been authorised but not yet processed.
Transactions requiring authorisation by another person on your account
For some accounts with us like the Macquarie Cash Management Account, you are able to set up the account to be "two to sign" - this also applies to online payments. If your account is setup in this way, you will be informed on screen after you initiate the payment. Simply arrange for the other person authorised on the account to confirm the payment by logging into Macquarie Online Banking or Macquarie Mobile Banking app under their own Macquarie ID.
For the other person authorised on the account to confirm the payment using:
Macquarie Online Banking:
- Select the icon from the side menu; or first click on the icon in top left-hand corner to display the side menu
- Select Scheduled payments
- Click Authorise on the payment you want to confirm or click Cancel to cancel the payment.
Macquarie Mobile Banking app:
- Scroll down the home screen to the Payment approval tile
- Click Authorise to confirm the payment or click Deny to cancel the payment.
Payments or transfers that have been authorised but not yet processed
Please note that these payments will only remain as a pending payment for that day. The payment will be removed at midnight. You'll need to restart the process if this happens.
This includes transactions such as:
- Point of sale (POS) purchases
- ATM withdrawals
- Cash deposits
- Direct deposits.
Pending transactions may also be the result of a merchant applying a pre-authorisation (for example, deposits for car hire or hotel accommodation where the authorisation may be cancelled on return of the vehicle or at the end of your stay).
Pending transactions adjusts the balance and available amounts displayed in accounts.