Macquarie has been the issuer of Woolworths credit cards, including your card, for the past eight years. After careful consideration we've decided to move Woolworths credit card customers to a Macquarie branded credit card account, as Macquarie will no longer be offering Woolworths branded credit cards. On the move date outlined in your most recent reminder communication from Macquarie, your existing Woolworths credit card account, will move to a Macquarie Platinum credit card account earning Macquarie Rewards on eligible purchases.
Keeping in touch with you
We’ve outlined below the key dates and next steps you can expect.
- In March 2023, we sent you a communication by email or letter informing you that:
- Macquarie Bank (the issuer of Woolworths credit cards) made the decision to no longer offer Woolworths credit cards.
- Your Woolworths credit card account is moving to a Macquarie Platinum credit card account.
- From late May to mid-June 2023, you’ll receive a follow-up communication by either email or letter with the specific date your account will be moving to a Macquarie credit card account, at least 30 days prior to the move (reminder communication). Your move date will be unique to you, and we will be unable to move your account earlier than this date.
- From June to August 2023, your Woolworths credit card account will move to a Macquarie Platinum credit card account, and we’ll issue you and any active additional cardholder with a new Macquarie Platinum Visa credit card. Please note that, if your card is blocked for use on the account move date, in certain circumstances you will not receive a new Macquarie card.
I do not agree with moving to a Macquarie credit card account
If you do not wish to move to a Macquarie credit card account, please pay your outstanding balance and close your Woolworths credit card account by 21 June 2023.
If your account remains open by this date, it will automatically move to a Macquarie credit card account.
Closing your Woolworths credit card account
Prior to closing your account, please pay your outstanding balance and ensure any direct debits have been redirected.
To close your account via the Woolworths Credit Card Online portal:
- Log in at login.woolworthsmoney.com.au
- Click on your credit card account.
- Select 'account details' at the top of the screen.
- Select 'close account' and follow the prompts.