A daily payment limit applies to Pay Anyone payments made via Macquarie Online Banking or the Macquarie Mobile Banking app from your Macquarie accounts to another Australian bank account.
- With Macquarie Authenticator, your daily transfer limit is $100,000 across all your eligible accounts linked to your Macquarie ID
- Without Macquarie Authenticator, your daily transfer limit is $5,000 across all your eligible accounts linked to your Macquarie ID.
To transfer more than $5,000 per day, you’ll need to download and set up the Macquarie Authenticator app.
These payment limits apply when you transfer funds electronically from a Macquarie account via Macquarie Online Banking or the Macquarie Mobile Banking app to another Australian bank account for all Pay Anyone and New Payments Platform (NPP) payments.
For example, if you don’t have Macquarie Authenticator and make a transfer of $2,000, then your remaining transfer limit is $3,000 across all your accounts linked to your Macquarie ID for that same day.
If you hold a joint account, see here for information about how the daily Pay Anyone payment limit applies to you.
There is no daily limit for transfers between your Macquarie accounts, to your nominated account/s (if you’ve set one up), or to the Australian Tax Office.
(a) Nominate an account
If you have a Cash Management Account and you intend to make multiple payments over $100,000 to the same account, you can call us on 1800 806 310 to add a nominated account over the phone.
If you have a Home Loan or Offset with a BSB starting with 183, you can call us on 1800 007 722 to load the account as a nominated account.
(b) Complete a withdrawal form
If you intend to make a one-off payment over $100,000, complete one of the following forms:
- For bank accounts, use this form
- For Home Loan offset accounts with a BSB starting with 182, use this form
- For Home Loan offset accounts with a BSB starting with 183, use this form.
Typically there is no limit on BPAY® payments. Please be aware that some billers impose their own limits on the amount that they will accept in a single transaction or day.
The daily limit for payments made to a PayID (e.g. a mobile number) is $10,000. This is a sub-limit of the daily Pay Anyone limit which means that if you make a NPP payment, your daily limit will reduce by the amount of the payment.
The $10,000 limit applies if you use the Macquarie Authenticator App, otherwise a default limit of $5,000 applies.
Third party authority
If you’ve authorised a third party to transact on your account/s, these daily payment limits will also apply to them. If they use Macquarie Authenticator, they’ll have their own daily transfer limit of $100,000 on your account/s that’s in addition to your transfer limit.
If you need further assistance:
- for bank accounts call us on 133 174 (+61 2 8245 4470) 24/7
- for Transaction Specialist Team call us on 1800 134 321 from 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday (Sydney time).
® Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518