There are a few steps you’ll need to take to dispute a transaction:
1. Confirm whether the transaction falls into any of the following scenarios to be eligible for a dispute:
- you don’t recognise it
- it’s been duplicated
- where the amount is incorrect
- where goods or services are not received
- where goods are not as described
- where payments you’ve cancelled still go through in error
- when an ATM has dispensed your cash incorrectly.
We won’t be able to investigate transactions where you’ve simply changed your mind.
2. Check whether the transaction:
- was made by a joint card holder
- is appearing with a merchant name that is different to the trading name (contact the merchant or do a search online)
- has a different transaction date due to a delay in the processing of the transaction
3. If you’ve followed the steps above and would like to dispute the transaction, let us know by giving us a call on 133 174 (or +61 2 8245 4470), 24/7.
If it has been more than six weeks from the date of the debit card transaction, the Mastercard scheme rules may prevent us from providing assistance in resolving the dispute.