If you’re planning to travel overseas, you can notify us through Macquarie Online Banking or the Macquarie Mobile Banking app (see below for instructions), up to 24 hours before you go.
You will need to provide the following details:
- Your travel dates
- Countries you’ll be visiting, including any countries you’re transiting through
- How to get in touch in an emergency (phone number or email address).
We’ll add a note to your account that you’re travelling internationally, so you’ll be able to transact with ease and we can keep an eye out for any suspicious activity on your account/s during this period. Make sure to let us know immediately if your card is lost or stolen.
Travel notification is available on all Macquarie debit and credit cards.
How to notify us of overseas travel
In Macquarie Online Banking:
- Log in to Macquarie Online Banking
- Select the Travel icon from the side menu; or first click on the menu icon in top left-hand corner to display the side menu.
In the Macquarie Mobile Banking app:
- Log in to the Macquarie Mobile Banking app (using the latest version)
- Select the menu icon in the icon bar from the bottom right corner
- Select Travel.
If you require assistance or need to update existing travel details, give us a call on 133 174 (+61 2 8245 4470), 24/7.
Tips for protecting your card overseas
During your trip make sure to keep your card somewhere safe. We also suggest you take a backup card or have alternate access to funds in case your card is lost or stolen. One way to ensure you can still spend if your card is lost or stolen is to add your card to the Apple or Google Wallet.
You can also download our Macquarie Authenticator app to be able to transact on your account easily when you are overseas.