Before installing your new merchant terminal, we recommend preparing your business premises so the installation of the equipment is in a secure location to reduce the risk of fraud.
A secure location is usually away from cameras and skimming devices, and in a location which enables the cardholder to shield the entry of their card information and secure PINs.
We also recommend securing your terminal to protect your business from theft .
You can secure your terminal by:
- ensuring terminals are secured and monitored during business hours
- only allowing authorised personnel to access the terminal
- securing the terminal when not in use by locking it away
- inspecting the terminal regularly to ensure it has not been tampered
- ensuring no additional cables are running from the machine
- ensuring any software updates are applied
- checking positioning of CCTV, to ensure card details cannot be captured and used.