You can buy, sell and manage assets for your clients through Adviser Online. You can also check the status of existing and previous transactions. These transactions can be placed through Portfolio Transacting on Adviser Online.Transacting in Adviser Online
- Log in to Adviser Online
- Click Transacting on the Adviser Online menu beneath the Macquarie icon and select Portfolio transacting
- Search for an account in the search bar by typing either an account number or name
- Click the account you want to transact on
- Select New Transaction and select the transaction type you want from the dropdown list
- Enter in the trade details and select continue
- Select Generate Orders
- Authorise the trade.
If you don’t see an option to continue and can’t generate and authorise the trade, you may not have the appropriate level of authority to transact on that client’s account. For more information about authority levels and how to change your level of authority see How do I register for full transact access instead of enquiry only?
Adviser Initiated Payments
Adviser Initiated Payments (AIP) allow your clients to consent to trades over the phone. This speeds up the advice process while keeping a high level of client control. For more information see How can I make Adviser Initiated Payments (AIP) from the cash account?Bulk Transacting
Bulk transacting helps you to collect fees and make bulk payments efficiently. Read more about for about bulk transacting
here.Macquarie Online Trading
Macquarie Online Trading provides you and your client with more direct access over your investments. For more information about Macquarie Online Trading
The Investment Menu shows you information about eligible investments. For more information about how to use and access the Investment Menu see How do I check which investments are available for the Wrap products?
You can transfer assets into your client’s account through Macquarie Wrap or Macquarie Online Trading.
We can facilitate the following types of transfers into your client’s Wrap account:
- Shares from Issuer Sponsored Holdings (SRN)
- Shares from Broker Sponsored Holdings (HIN)
- Managed funds from direct holdings (held directly with fund manager)
- Both shares and managed fund from an external platform custodian.
Generally, your client will have to complete and sign a specific type of transfer form depending on the type of transfer.
The following steps should then be followed to process a transfer:
- The form should be sent to us to arrange the transfer on behalf of the client
- We’ll contact each external provider on behalf of the client and arrange the transfer of assets with each one
- Once the transfer has been arranged with the external provider, the assets are then transferred.
Please refer to the Asset Transfers Guide
or Asset Transfers Wizard
for more information.Macquarie Online Trading
To transfer shares to your client’s Macquarie Online Trading account, please complete the relevant form below. If we don’t already have your client’s ID on file, please provide a copy when submitting your request to help speed up the process.
Moving shares from another broker
Moving shares from a share registry
- Please complete the Broker to Broker Transfer Request form
- Your client’s details at the other broker must match the exact details your client has with us to allow the transfer. If the shares are currently held in a different name, you’ll need to complete an Off Market Transfer Request form (at a cost of $55 per line).
- All new Macquarie Online Trading accounts need a Holder Identification Number (HIN). If your client only has Issuer sponsored holdings your client must complete the Issuer Sponsored Conversion Request form
- Your client’s details at the share registry must match the exact details they have with us to allow the transfer. If shares are currently held in a different name, your client will need to contact the share registry to change the details before submitting the Issuer Sponsored Conversion Request form or complete an off market transfer
- Return the completed forms to email@example.com
- If your client is in the process of opening a new account with us, you’ll have the option to create a new HIN as part of account opening. You can also transfer a HIN during the online account setup process as long as it’s in the same name as the new account
- Once we've received your request, we'll transfer the shares into your client’s Macquarie Online Trading account.
Macquarie Consolidator II – Engage is a cost-effective solution with a limited menu of products. It’s designed to suit clients with less complex investment needs.