All deposits to a Macquarie Term Deposit account are made via direct debit from a nominated bank account. The direct debit and nominated bank account are established during the account opening process. Additional deposits can be made on the maturity date.
To change a nominated bank account, or for support with depositing or withdrawing funds, contact your financial adviser, or call us on 1800 806 310 (+61 7 3233 8111), 8am to 7pm (AEST/ADST) Monday to Friday.
Joint account holders can individually or jointly transact on and make changes to the account. Joint accounts can be set up during the application process for the following accounts:
- Macquarie Transaction Account
- Macquarie Savings Account
- Macquarie Cash Management Account
- Macquarie Cash Management Accelerator Account (the account has to be in the same name as the linked Cash Management Account)
- Macquarie Term Deposit.
Once an account has been opened in a person’s name, it can’t be converted into a joint account, but the account holder can provide a third party with authority
to view or transact on their account after the account is opened.
The Macquarie Online tour is an on-screen demonstration of Macquarie Online Banking’s main features. You can find it here:
- Select the Help icon from the side menu; or first click on the icon in top left-hand corner to display the side menu
- Select Take a Tour.