Our rewards program is digital and offers a range of eGift cards for you to choose from. You can redeem your Macquarie Rewards points for eGift cards at over 40 leading retailers including Myer, Woolworths, Jetstar, Harvey Norman, Amart, JB Hi Fi and Bunnings Warehouse.
You can also choose to redeem points for Cashback into an eligible Macquarie account.
As our program is now fully digital, we don’t offer physical gift cards.
The table below outlines the number of Macquarie Rewards points and eligible credit card spend required to redeem eGift cards:
| ||Required eligible spend on Macquarie Credit Card|
| ||Reward ||Points Required||Platinum ||Black |
| eGift cards ||$20||3,850||$3,080||$1,925|
A balance transfer is a request to transfer part, or all, of your outstanding balance from another credit card to your Macquarie credit card account.
Balance transfers are one of the easiest ways to consolidate your existing credit card debts and potentially save on interest repayments. Make sure you consider closing the credit card you’re transferring from to avoid unwanted fees and further debt. How does a balance transfer work?
When you request a balance transfer, we will either BPAY® funds or arrange a cheque to your nominated card account and debit this to your Macquarie card account. Please allow up to five business days after card activation for balance transfer requests to be processed. Balance transfers are subject to the Balance Transfer Terms and Conditions
Please note that you won’t receive your 55-day interest free period if you have a balance transfer on your card. What is the limit for balance transfers?
The limit on balance transfers is equal to the credit limit on your card, less $500. If the amount of your balance transfer exceeds your limit, we’ll contact you before processing your request. The minimum balance transfer is $500. When can I request a balance transfer?
You can request a balance transfer when you apply for a card or any time after by completing a balance transfer request through Macquarie Online.
® Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518
You can apply to increase or decrease your credit limit by calling us on 1300 150 300 (+61 2 8232 1684), 24/7.
You can apply for a credit limit increase once you’ve held your credit card account for six months.
You can also decrease your credit limit at any time via your Macquarie Online Banking account by following the below steps:
- Click on your credit card account
- Select Account details at the top of the screen
- Select Decrease limit. This appears on the right of the screen next to Account summary.
Lost or stolen credit card
To report a lost or stolen card, call us on 1300 150 300 (+61 2 8232 1684) at any time.
If your card is lost or stolen, please let us know right away and we’ll cancel your card to protect your account. Once cancelled, we will:
Misplaced credit card
- instantly issue your new card into your mobile banking app. You can then add this card instantly and securely into your mobile device’s payment wallet, allowing you to continue spending without having to wait for your new physical card in the mail
- send you a replacement card as quickly as possible. In most cases, your new card will arrive in 3–5 business days. Once you’ve reported your card lost or stolen, the physical card will be locked and you won’t be able to use it for transactions. You’ll need to update your direct debits with your new credit card number. Any additional cardholders on your account can continue using their card.
If you misplace your credit card, you can apply a temporary lock on your card to protect your account. This prevents new payments being made on your card, and in some cases may result in existing direct debits or authorised payments to be declined. You’ll need to review all direct debits and authorised payments connected to the account. You can unlock your card at any time.
To place a temporary lock on your card in the Macquarie Mobile Banking app:
- Select the card icon in the left side menu
- Scroll to the relevant card account
- Select Lock card
- Select Lock on the pop-up message.
To place a temporary lock on your card in Macquarie Online Banking:
- Select the relevant account
- Select Lost or stolen card
- Toggle to Lock card.
You can unlock your card by following the steps above and selecting Unlock card
We don’t charge our Macquarie credit card customers international transaction fees on overseas purchases, both in-store and online, or on overseas cash withdrawals. A cash advance fee will still apply on overseas cash withdrawals. You’ll also continue to earn rewards points on eligible international purchases on your Macquarie Black or Platinum credit card.
This could mean savings for you if you regularly travel or shop online with international merchants.How does foreign currency conversion work for credit cards?
Whenever you make an in-store or online purchase or use your credit card to obtain a cash advance, in a currency other than Australian dollars, the transaction will be converted to Australian dollars. When you complete the payment, you might be given the choice to pay in the foreign currency or convert the amount to Australian dollars.If you choose to pay in the foreign currency
, this amount will be converted to Australian dollars by Visa, using the applicable exchange rate on the date the purchase is debited to your account. Remember, exchange rates may fluctuate between the time your purchase is authorised and the time we debit your account.
Under the Visa scheme, if the purchase is made in United States dollars, Canadian dollars, New Zealand dollars, Singapore dollars, Pounds Sterling, Euros or Japanese Yen then the amount will be converted directly into Australian dollars. Purchases made in any other foreign currency will be converted into United States dollars before being converted into Australian dollars. The online conversion rate calculator shows you the indicative rates set by Visa for these conversions.If you choose to pay in Australian dollars
, the merchant will convert the foreign currency into Australian dollars at the time of the transaction. This is called ‘dynamic currency’ conversion. The exchange rate is not determined by Visa but by the merchant’s dynamic currency conversion service provider.
You won’t incur an international transaction fee, however some merchants may charge additional fees, so choosing to pay in Australian dollars can be more costly
You might come across dynamic currency conversion if you’re:
- shopping online with an international merchant and the prices are displayed in Australian dollars, or
- travelling overseas and you’re given the option to pay your hotel or restaurant bill in either Australian dollars or the local currency.
Statements will be available online monthly, at the end of each billing cycle. You’ll receive a credit card statement monthly if you’ve made transactions during that period. See Understanding Interest
for further information.
Please contact us to close your account:
- Macquarie Cash Management Account: 1800 806 310 (+61 7 3233 8111), 8am to 7pm (AEST/ADST) Monday to Friday or send in a signed request to email@example.com
- Macquarie Consolidator Cash Account: 1800 806 310 (+61 7 3233 8111), 8am to 7pm (AEST/ADST) Monday to Friday or send in a signed request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All other bank accounts: 133 174 (+61 2 8245 4470), 24/7
- Macquarie Credit Card: 1300 150 300 (+61 2 8232 1684) or via Macquarie Online banking, 24/7, by following the below steps:
- Click on your credit card account
- Select Account Details at the top of the screen
- Select Close Account. This appears on the right of the screen next to Account Summary.
- Macquarie Home Loan: 1800 007 722 (+61 2 8245 4383), 8.30am to 5.30pm (AEST/ADST) Monday to Friday
- Macquarie Wrap: Please contact your financial adviser for assistance. Your adviser will need to cancel any automated plans that you may have in place